Suzanne Collins is a brilliant writer. It’s an extemely well-crafted novel. I cannot fault it on technical grounds, the plot was a bit relentless for my personal taste, but if you’re into young adult dystopian then it’s a must-read. Click on the image above to get your kindle version.
- It had me so full of adrenaline that I couldn’t sleep until I finished the book – I tried and failed.
- It’s set in a really horrible, cruel world, one I do not want to spend time in, especially when I can’t sleep.
It’s about teenagers fighting to the death. I found this deeply disturbing.
- It was over in two hours, so I could sleep that night.
- It was well cast, well acted, well costumed and probably as good a rendition of the book as anyone could make.
- I felt it was a bit flat in comparison to the book, but then it’s hard to translate the power of a first person book into the third person viewpoint of a movie.
- Very bad wobbly-cam. It almost gave me a headache.
- It’s set in a really horrible, cruel world.
It’s about teenagers fighting to the death, still deeply disturbing
Put aside the hype and can you truly disagree? I’m baiting you here.
If you enjoyed this blog post and would like to read more, you can subscribe to new content delivered by email or RSS feed (see the buttons on the right side bar). You can also follow me on Facebook and/or on Twitter.