Starting today, I’m thinking about you, my readers, as my primary focus for online activities. I always like to think that I’m thinking of others, but that doesn’t always come across in my actions. I’ve been posting what comes to mind – which is good for me – but I haven’t thought about what you, my readers, might like, and what I, with all my skills and expertise, can really offer you. You deserve better than a half arsed approach.
What can I offer? Experience and expertise in:
- Writing, editing and publishing. I’ve been doing this practically full time since 2008. Sharing this is for authors.
- Meditation and Buddhism. I’ve been doing this since 1998 & have done a lot of study and practice in that time. I know a lot about how to be happy regardless of external circumstances. Everyone wants to be happy, so posts on this topic are for all of you.
- Writing great stories. Reviews I write for readers to read. It’s time I published some fiction here, on the blog. This is for any of you who like to read fiction, and particularly those of you who enjoy my fiction or who would like to see what I write.
- Communicating with cats. I’m really good at this. That’s why George always comes to me when he wants something. I love my cat. He’s a gorgeous cat and he stars in my books. Lots of people love cats. Everyone loves George. I think it’s time I shared him with the world more.
So … I’ve come up with the following blog schedule for this year.
- Friday free fiction – short stories and book excerpts. I might have some guest authors too.
- Cat Saturday – George’s column. The first one is out already because he didn’t know it wasn’t Saturday when he wrote it.
- Monday Mindfulness – posts on meditation and the art of happiness.
- Words on Wednesday – not just posts for writers, but I’m also planning a series of vlogs on words that I hope everyone will find entertaining – after all, we all use them.
How does that sound? I love alliteration, as you can see.
Since most of my readers are in the USA, I’ll post late in the day here (AEST)
Next Friday for the first of my Friday fiction.